APS Level 5 | Ongoing | Full-time |Position Number 461 | Applications Close Monday, 3 April 2017
Security clearance required: No
Branch: National Capital Estate | Immediate Supervisor: Manager, Built Assets
Applications are to be forwarded to:
Human Resources Team National Capital Authority GPO Box 373 Canberra ACT 2601 or via e-mail: Recruitment@natcap.gov.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria comprehensively. The Contact Officer can provide further information about the duties of the position if required.
Contact Officer: Anthony Devenny on (02) 6271 2815 or email: Recruitment@natcap.gov.au
The National Capital Authority is a Statutory Authority with staff employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
To be eligible to work with the NCA you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be willing to undergo a medical examination if applicable
- undertake a security assessment to the requisite level
- have completed the 'redundancy benefit period' if you received a redundancy benefit from an Australian Public Service (APS) agency or a non-APS Commonwealth employer.
Applications close at midnight on Monday, 3 April 2017
Under limited direction:
- Administer and coordinate the effective delivery of daily asset maintenance and property coordination activities associated with NCA built assets, infrastructure, memorials and open landscapes.
- Following Commonwealth Procurement Rules, assist with the management and administration of contracts, inclusive of procurement, invoicing, compliance, supervision and value for money assessment.
- Administer compliance with financial payment and reporting processes for internal and external service providers.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing management of an asset management system and key management system, including capturing and documenting of assets, categorizing and creating maintenance schedules.
- Develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including government departments, cultural institutions, consultants, contractors and event organisers.
- Provide support to the National Capital Estate Branch on buildings and infrastructure projects as required.
- Undertake the responsibilities of an on-call officer as required.
- Participate as a constructive member of the National Capital Estate Branch and provide reasonable support with Branch functions as required.
- Qualifications/certificates and/or practical experience in Asset and/or Facilities Management.
- Must hold minimum of C class drivers licence.
- Understanding and experience of department and/or industry procurement and contract management.
- Experience in working under limited direction to interpret and make independent decisions relating to the field office management/facilities management.
- Experience in Facilities Management and/or Asset Management.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills, with capacity for both stakeholders and service provider liaison in difficult environments.
- Strong written and oral communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.