APS Level 5 | Ongoing | Full-time |Position Number 399 | Applications Close Monday, 26 June 2017
Security clearance required: Baseline
Branch: National Capital Estate | Immediate Supervisor: Manager, Parking Services
Applications are to be forwarded to:
Human Resources Team National Capital Authority GPO Box 373 Canberra ACT 2601 or via e-mail: HRTeam@natcap.gov.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria comprehensively. The Contact Officer can provide further information about the duties of the position if required.
Contact Officer: Brad Hetharia on (02) 6271 2821 or email: HRTeam@natcap.gov.au
The National Capital Authority is a Statutory Authority with staff employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
To be eligible to work with the NCA you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be willing to undergo a medical examination if applicable
- undertake a security assessment to the requisite level
- have completed the 'redundancy benefit period' if you received a redundancy benefit from an Australian Public Service (APS) agency or a non-APS Commonwealth employer.
Applications close at midnight on Monday, 26 June 2017
Under limited direction:
- Manage the day-to-day financial processes and reporting arising from revenue generated by pay parking managed by the National Capital Authority (NCA) in the Central National Area including assisting with the preparation of budget information and financial reports to the Executive on current trends and potential revenue targets.
- Monitor the Central Management System and ensure machine faults are rectified within the required timeframes.
- Assist with the management of the contract for the cash collection arrangements.
- Manage all inquiries, complaints and issues relating to the parking system including the pre-purchase ticket system and smartcard for volunteers and liaise with the parking call centre.
- As required, assist with the provision and preparation of any relevant documents or reports for those who may be pursuing a parking infringement prosecution through the ACT Magistrates Court.
- Assist in the preparation of any relevant Instructions and/or Guidance concerning pay parking.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external agencies on related matters and work cooperatively with people inside and outside the NCA.
- Participate as a constructive member of the National Capital Estate Branch and provide support with Estate functions as required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing internal budgets and/or management accounting including the preparation of reports and information for senior management and/or key stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Commonwealth Government procurement rules, budget processes and reporting requirements.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports and other correspondence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Technology One - Financials (or a similar Financial Management Information System) and Microsoft Office Products.
- Demonstrated experience in actively participating in a team that is service and solutions- oriented.