APS Level 3 | Ongoing | Part-time | Position Number 326 | Applications Close Monday, 6 August 2012
Security clearance required: No
Ordinary hours of work: Fixed Daily Hours - 26 to 41 hours per fortnight, usually working from 9.45am to 4.15pm Thursday and Saturday and 8.45am to 5.15pm Friday.
Unit: Exhibition & Outreach | Immediate Supervisor: Visitor Services Officer
Applications are to be forwarded to:
Human Resources Team
National Capital Authority
GPO Box 373
Canberra ACT 2601
Applicants must address the selection criteria comprehensively. The Contact Officer can provide further information about the duties of the position if required.
Contact Officer: Nathan Ward on (02) 6272 2914 or email:
The National Capital Authority is a Statutory Authority with staff employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or actively pursuing citizenship to be engaged by the National Capital Authority.
Applications close at midnight on Monday, 6 August 2012
- Deliver a high level of customer service by engaging with and providing information about Blundells Cottage to a wide range of visitors, including providing guided tours to school and special interest groups.
- Under direction, manage the daily operations of Blundells Cottage, such as opening and closing the facility, supervising volunteer staff, and undertaking cleaning and administration duties.
- Implementation of curriculum-linked education and outreach programs aimed at school students. Assist Education and Outreach Officer with the development of other interpretation and outreach opportunities.
- Operate the NCA's IT systems, and provide reports and statistics as required, together with provision of collection research and data base updates.
- Assist with the training of staff and volunteers in the interpretation, conservation and general operations of Blundells Cottage.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and promotion of the Cottage as required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-level customer service and presentations, to a wide range of audiences in a cultural tourism or Australian heritage context.
- Ability to prioritise activities and be flexible, self-motivated and decisive with limited direction, ability to work within established procedures to achieve results.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively use IT systems including MS Office and data entry programmes, and to analyse and interpret statistical information under direction.
Click here to find out how to apply for this position.